Black Sea Region Excellence Award
The Competence Center for Black Sea Region Studies honors outstanding master theses dedicated to topics related to the Black Sea Region. Eligible are all master students of the University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna. In 2017 two master theses will be awarded 500 Euro each.
The Black Sea Region Excellence Award is designed to spur both the quantity and quality of Master Theses at the University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna, dedicated to topics related to the Black Sea Region.
Eligible are all master students of the University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna.
- Thematic focus on one/more countries of the Black Sea Region
- Alternatively, thematic focus on the whole Black Sea Region
- The Master thesis was written in English or German language
- The Master thesis was graded „excellent“
- The Master thesis has not been submitted to other awards.
- The Master thesis has not been published
- The Master thesis is no older than 2 years (date of grading)
Deadline for Submission and Procedure
The completed and graded master thesis has to be submitted via email (pdf-file).
After four weeks Johannes Leitner, Head of the Competence Center for Black Sea Region Studies, will communicate the final decision via email.
Additionally, you are requested to hand in the following documents:
- Letter of recommendation of your Master thesis supervisor
- Examination of the Master thesis
- Abstract of the Master thesis (25.000-30.000 characters incl. space characters)
- Author’s resume
All documents have to be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Master theses submitted in an appropriate and complete form will be examined by an independent commission which consists of:
- Head of University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna’s Supervisory Council
- Head of Competence Center for Black Sea Region Studies
- Programme directors (according to the specific topic of the master thesis)
in 2017 two laureates will be awarded with € 500 each.